Short and Sweet, Pure and Simple…Whatever you want to call it, today’s verse is straight to the heart and to the point.
Today’s Truth: Romans 12 :18
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”
- Your part is always possible
- Peace is sometimes not a possible reality because it takes two.
- You can not control the other half of the equation
- But, you can do the part that depends on you.
Note that it says everyone…not just those you want to live at peace with. This means your difficult people, those you don’t like, and even those who have hurt you. In order to do this we must go back to the beginning of Romans 12, where the foundation for all this life changing stuff was set….
- Offer Your Self as a Living Sacrifice
- Do not Form Your Life around this World.
- Be Transformed, Changed, by your mind wrapping around the Truth
Today’s Prayer: Ok Lord, I need you help. Remind me to daily surrender, to be aware that I have a side in all things. Keep me focused on living at peace and show me what that looks like in each situation.